Friday, December 5, 2008
January is National Paper Crafting month and to celebrate all things made with paper CTMH has an incredible gift.
This is a scrumptious kit with two sided printed paper, and a E sized stamp set (meaning big).
Here's a note from CTMH about this special.
The gorgeous new Key to My Heart Level 2 paper packet features all of our luscious
new exclusive colors: Tulip, Juniper, Sorbet, and Crème Brulee. The packet is
accompanied by the awesome new E-size My Acrylix® Key to My Heart stamp set
brimming with elegant, charming designs. It’s a great combo with a retail value of
$47.90—and from December 16 through January 31 it can be yours at substantial
savings, or even FREE!
Fun for All!
Celebrating National Papercrafting Month
What’s more, hostesses can get the kit FREE with a Home Gathering sales total
of $400 or more. And if you join Close To My Heart between January 1–31, you’ll
receive the kit FREE in your New Consultant Kit.
National Papercrafting Month promises something for everyone!
Or you can receive this when you spend $130, you’ll get the Key to My Heart kit FREE
When you spend $75, you can purchase the kit for just $20
I also wanted to share with you the Stamp of the Month for January. Just in case you were wondering what it looked like.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Step 3. I used the matching flourish and inked it in black so that it would line up with my image, thus making a complete U underneath the pumpkin.
Step 5. I inked in black just the "A season of" from the Give Thanks stamp set. I wiped off any additional ink with a wet wipe. Then I stamped it on the card making sure to leave room for the word Gratitude.
Step 8. Using Chocolate ink and the blending pen I colored in the stem of the pumpkin.
Step 9. Using a piece of a dollar store sponge, I sponged around the top of the card with Tulip Ink.
Step 10. Using the Autumn Terracotta ink I sponged around the bottom edges on the card.Step 11. I used the blending pen and the Autumn Terracotta ink and highlighted the words and the flourishes. Step 12. I used the Autumn Terracotta ink and a flourish stamp and did second and third generation stamping around the edges. Second generation stamping is when you load your stamp with ink, then you first stamp on a scratch piece of paper, and second on your project. Third generation is stamping twice on your scratch sheet and thirdly on your project.
Step 13. I did 3rd generation stamping all around the card with another flourish using black ink.
Step 14. I went over the flourishes and each of the curls in the words with the stickles.
Step 15. I adhered the card front to a vineyard berry textured card stock and set in three Autumn Terracotta Bitty Brads on the left hand side of the card. Step 16. I folded my Creme Bulee cardstock and then using the sponge tool and the Autumn Terracotta ink I sponged around the edges. Next I adhered the card front.
Finished Card and another version using all of the same supplies.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Get a head start on your holiday scrapbooking, or catch up on projects you’ve been waiting for the perfect time to complete them. Saturday October 25, you’ll have 6 hours of interrupted scrapping bliss, a catered lunch, snacks, and several opportunities to win great prizes. You’ll even learn something new in the free make-n-take and the optional workshop*. The cost is $30. You’ll receive lots room to spread out, good lighting, a catered lunch, a free make-n-take project, and the chance of winning great prizes.
To register call Leana Ott 422-4095
An independent Consultant with Close To My Heart
Starlite Ballroom is located on Airport Blvd. behind Mosley’s meat market at the intersection of Airport and University Road in Mobile, AL.
*There is an additional $10 cost for the optional workshop. Sign up in advance so that materials can be pre-cut and bought.
Friday, October 3, 2008
So I boxed it up. Well I found Michelle Zindorf's blog and whipped mine out to a rolling success. Here's a two of my creations. Michelle has easy to follow step by step instructions on her blog with lots of pictures and work she's created. Please take a look. http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/
I used the July SOTM from CTMH for the Friends card. You can see the CTMH stamp sets Paradise and retired Saling to create the sunrise card.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Friday Oct: 10, 2008:
6:30 to 8:30pm
My place. Call for directions
Oct. 1, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Make your Football party the hottest ticket in town with a super "ticket" invitation from http://www.party411.com/
- Set the table with a grass table cloth. You can purchase indoor/outdoor green grass carpeting from a local hardware store and use it as the foundation for your tablescape. Then use white athletic tape or electrical tape to create the yard lines. You can substitute green felt in place of the grass.
- Mark the party spot with your team colors: Decorate around your mailbox and front door in your team colors by hanging team bunting and or a team flag.
- Make Football brownies and sandwiches by using a football shaped cookie cutter.
- Have your own stadium cups made in your teams colors to commemorate the date and event.
- Paint the face's of your guests in your teams logo, or give an extra gift to those who come with theirs painted.
- Make sure all guests have a team pom-pom and wear their team colors.
- Give a special gift to the Best Dressed guest.
- Divide into two teams Home and Visitors; have a paper football champion ship during breaks.
- During half time, take it outside and see who's the best kicker. Let each guest try to kick a field goal. The furthest in bounds kick wins.
- While outside have everyone try their hand at being the quarter back. Take a piece of plywood and cut three holes out of it three times the size of the football. Then give each a score, 10, 20, 30. Each person gets 4 passes. If the throw makes through a hole then the person get the amount of points allotted for that hole. The person with the most points wins.
- Create a trivia game relevant to your favorite team. Divide the group into two teams; Home and Visitors. The team with the most correct answers wins.
- Have a trophy made and award it to the winner of your day's games. That person/team is responsible for hosting the next event.
FANtastic Football Party Tips:
- Start the pre-game party an hour to an hour and a half before Kick Off
- Warm up the mood with food, drinks, and your own pre-games
- Have friendly competition during commercials and the half time break
- Keep score, The Home Team & The Visitors
- Award a trophy to the winning team, they have to host the next event
Monday, September 1, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
And you’re invited
Want Free scrapbook supplies?
Tuesday September 9, 2008
Every person who RSVP’s by Sept. 7th then attends will carry home at least $10.00 in Close To My Heart Merchandise free! Bring a friend & you get a special gift!
And you’ll have a chance to win even more free supplies!*
You can increase your chances of winning for each of the following items you complete you'll earn a extra raffle ticket*:
- Bring a friend
- Show up on time
- Bring a banana
- Post a comment on this blog
For the following you'll earn 3 extra tickets each*:
- Place an order
- Make a donation to Operation Smile during the extravaganza
- Book a gathering
To RSVP and get directions call 251-422-4095
What is a scrapbook extravaganza? It’s a night out with the girls; being some of the first to see, play with and take home some of the awesome brand new products Close To My Heart has to offer.
Independent Consultant with
Close To My Heart
*You have to be present at drawing to win. The drawing will be held on Sept. 9, 2008 during the Scrapbooker's Extravaganza.
Also if scapbooking or card making isn't your thing that's okay you can come any way or please send this to someone you know who might be interested I would very much appreciate your help getting the word out.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I cannot wait to show you my latest creative outpouring. Here's a sneak peek. I know it's not much but you're going to LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I have been so busy with life I haven't been able to finish it completely but let's just say this new product gets your memories out of the box in an amazing way. I'll post the finished product on the first of Sept. so check back here then.
Friday, August 15, 2008
- Who wouldn't love to help a child have a future and get something really wonderful in return. Here is a great opportunity for you to receive this wonderful From Me To You card kit and give the gift of a better life to a child. I am so proud to announce this partnership with Close To My Heart and Operation Smile. This card kit can be yours for only $10 (plus S&H), and all of the profits go to Operation Smile! Isn't that amazing.
- 16 Colonial White Card Bases
- D size My Acrylix From Me to You stamp set (value 22.95)
- Precut cardstock and textured cardstock
- Coordinating brads & ribbon
- 16 Envelope Flats
- Step-by-step instruction booklet to create 16 cards (2 of each of 8 beautiful designs
- An attractively decorated box
The retail value of this kit is $34.95
Operation Smile is a wonderful organization that works in 26 different countries around the world with volunteers preforming surgeries on children with severe facile deformities. The deformities are debilitating and in some cases lead to death. While at the 2008 Close To My Heart convention. I was blessed to hear co-founders Dr. William P. Magee Jr., a plastic surgeon, and his wife, Kathleen S. Magee, a nurse and clinical social worker speak. I was so impressed that they used their talent and time for the last 20 years to give an amazing gift to children who would have had no chance at life. Since their inception in 1982, OS has helped more than 115,000 children . I was astounded to learn that the life altering surgery takes less than 45 minutes to preform and costs about $240 each. I really encourage you to check out their website and learn more about Operation Smile for your self. I am sure you will feel the same way I do about such a worthy cause.
If you would like to order this card kit or any CTMH products, or even host a gathering please contact me.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
The Just Because card kit will make 16 beautiful cards and includes
-A D-size My Acrylix® Just Because stamp set
-Designer ribbon and Sparkles
-Two Exclusive Inks™ mini stamp pads
-Cardstock and B&T Duos™ papers
-A magnetic-closure designer box
-Step-by-step instructions for making these stunning cards
-Kit colors: Chocolate, Colonial White, and our new Tulip color.
Beginning Aug. 14, - Sept. 30 you can purchase the Just Because card kit for $34.95, or if you make a purchase of CTMH products with the minimum of $75 you can receive the kit for $15.00, or you can get it free as well as the Stamp of the month free with the minimum purchase of $125. That's $57.90 free!!!
To enter for a chance to win $1,000 in CTMH products, begining Aug. 14th, you can log onto http://www.closetomyheart.com/ Just fill out the entry form and you're entered to win!
With this kit you will not be intimidated, instead you'll be amazed at just how easy it is to create 16 beautiful cards with the easy step by step instructions and photographs. Your friends will be so pleased when they receive a hand made card created by you. If you would like to see move of this kit or would like to order one please contact me.
Photos and cards by Lourae Minor