Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Get Creative with Create A Shade pearl Paint

I was challenged to teach a technique to a small group of fellow Close To My Heart Consultants. In coming up with the technique to teach I became inspired by one of the most awesome and overlooked products CTMH has to offer. Create-a-Shade pearl paint, I created so many fun and unique accents with this versatile product. Here is a card where I used the paint to stamp over a previously stamped image. I love how it gives it depth and character, and was so very easy to do.
This is my most favorite card to date. I will at some point give it to Nick.


This is a close up of the paint technique I used on the bird. If you look closely you can see that I used a coordinating purple marker to outline the flourishes. I made them by stamping on top of the bird with the flourishes stamp from the Grace Workshop on the Go while it was covered in the Create a shade paint. I used the matching marker to also shade the bird and flowers. You'll notice the shading on the branch too. To attach the clear shapes I used the Xyron. It worked perfectly to give a secure translucent fit.

Everything except the purple base textured cardstock, and the twine is a CTMH product.
Stampsets used:
A Tweet
Ink:
Bamboo
Cocoa
Hydrangea
Amethyst
Paper:
Green B&T Duo from Emporium
Accents:
Journaling Spots Journey
Colonial white Rickrack
Pearl Beads
Rubons: Nature's Ambiance
Clear Shapes


6 comments:

Lori said...

The bird is just gorgeous. Love your card and your blog.

Susan said...

Very neat. I have not used the create a shade...I might just have to now. Thanks for sharing.

Carla said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for the technique tip!!

Erica said...

i love this

Stephanie said...

love this... very very inspiring. i happen to also be a HUGE emporium fan!!

Unknown said...

This card is awesome! Your work is so pretty. TFS